Jump To Navigation

Spousal Support or Alimony

Pasadena Lawyer Handling Spousal Support Issues

A court may order one party to pay spousal support (sometimes referred to as alimony) to the other based on the length of the marriage and each spouse's ability to earn a living. At the Law Offices of Jesse A. Verdin in South Pasadena, I offer a free initial consultation by phone or in person to explain how California's spousal support guidelines may apply in your case.

California has both temporary and permanent spousal support:

  • Temporary spousal support/alimony

While a divorce is pending, the court may order temporary spousal support to ensure both parties have some means of support.

  • Permanent spousal support/alimony

When there is a final judgment of divorce a party may be ordered to pay spousal support or alimony based on the length of the marriage, the standard of living established during the marriage, and the potential earning power of the parties.

Spousal support or alimony payments can be modified after your divorce is final if the circumstances of either the payor or the recipient change significantly. If your ex is not paying spousal support, I can enforce your rights in court.

Free Initial Consultation with an Experienced Attorney

I offer a free initial lawyer consultation by phone or in person. To discuss your spousal support case with me, call 626-799-0104 or fill out our simple contact form. Se Habla Español-Nuestra Oficina Le Puede Ayudar con Sus Casos de Familia Hoy.

Family Law Info Center

Law Office of Jesse A. Verdin

South Pasadena Office
1605 Hope Street
Suite 360
South Pasadena, CA 91030

Map & Directions

Phone: 626-799-0104
Fax: 626-799-0449

Contact Us Today
Captcha Image
Visa MasterCard Discover