Jump To Navigation

Community Property Division

Pasadena Divorce and Community Property Rights Lawyer

At the Law Offices of Jesse A. Verdin, my staff and I understand the emotional strain brought on the entire family by divorce, separation, and the annulment of marriages. But, for as many intense emotions that surface, there can be as many legal obligations and issues.

That’s why my staff and I are here. As an experienced family law attorney who has handled such matters throughout Southern California, I've seen the worst of each. I can guide you through the process and help you avoid some of the pitfalls that make divorces painful. I routinely handle cases venued in the following courthouses: Pasadena, Los Angeles, Pomona, Norwalk, Burbank, Compton, Long Beach, Torrance and Rancho Cucamonga.

Contact us for personal, flexible support in protecting your rights and interests as you cope with the obligations that accompany divorce, legal separation, and annulment.

Among the most important obligations of both parties is to determine how to divide property and assets, commonly known as community property in California.

I Can Help You Divide Your Marital Property

Under California law, property acquired during the marriage is presumed to be community property, that is, it is owned equally by each party. Generally, who acquires the property or how they do it doesn’t matter, only that the total value of all community property be split between the two parties.

However, there are a number of exceptions to the general rule. Inheritances and gifts aren’t necessarily community property. It’s important to contact a knowledgeable lawyer with expertise in dividing community assets to ensure that you receive what you’re entitled to and complex valuations are done properly.

Look to a Family Law Attorney to Take Care of Your Obligations

Other obligations that can arise as a result of dissolution can include establishing spousal support (alimony), child visitation orders, and child support orders.

Free Initial Consultation with an Experienced Attorney

I offer a free initial lawyer consultation by phone or in person. If you are concerned about dividing your community property, call 626-799-0104 or fill out our simple contact form. Se Habla Español-Nuestra Oficina Le Puede Ayudar con Sus Casos de Familia Hoy.

Family Law Info Center

Law Office of Jesse A. Verdin

South Pasadena Office
1605 Hope Street
Suite 360
South Pasadena, CA 91030

Map & Directions

Phone: 626-799-0104
Fax: 626-799-0449

Contact Us Today
Captcha Image
Visa MasterCard Discover